The team from Powered PR, formerly Plant Powered Press, was engaged to secure high-value media and publicity coverage on behalf of The Fit Dad Lifestyle, ahead of Father’s Day 2020.
The Fit Dad Lifestyle is an online wellness community developed specifically for fathers. Its founder, Leroy Faure, is a Personal Trainer who provides free education, resources and coaching to over 22,000 dads looking to improve their health and fitness. Most importantly though, The Fit Dad Lifestyle offers a safe online community for fathers to open up to one another, find support, and experience a sense of mateship.
Our team was asked to help share The Fit Dad Lifestyle story amongst mainstream media audiences. Our task was to profile Leroy’s contribution to men’s mental health, and to simultaneously promote his unique protein and supplements range that has been tailored made with fathers in mind. (The Fit Dad Fuel range includes plenty of vegan options on offer, too!)
We love working with purpose-led brands to help tell their story! Our team developed a strategic mix of media materials, including a tailored Media Release, comprehensive Media Kit, and personalised pitch to provide to a targeted list of journalists.
We pride ourselves on maintaining strong rapport with an extensive network of Australian journalists, and we were able to successfully leverage these relationships to secure high-value editorial coverage on behalf of The Fit Dad Lifestyle.
Our strategy proved to be highly effective, even within the context of a media landscape over-saturated with stories related to the COVID-19 pandemic.
We were able to secure high-value mainstream media coverage for The Fit Dad Lifestyle in the lead-up to Father’s Day. Ultimately, Leroy was interviewed by the ABC, 7 News and Ticker TV, reaching wide-ranging audiences at both a national and state level. Looking at the numbers:
- ABC is our national public broadcaster, and currently has an online audience of over 15 million Australians.
- 7 News has a nightly viewership of over 1.1 million Australians, with a digital audience spanning over 18.4 million unique browsers.
- Ticker TV enjoys a digital viewership of over 4.0 million monthly unique browsers.
Moreover, every piece of coverage secured in these traditional news outlets was followed by corresponding social media updates:
- ABC has a Facebook audience of over 4 million Australians, and an Instagram following of 562,000 people. The Fit Dad Lifestyle was promoted in both of these channels.
- 7 News QLD has a total Facebook audience of over 1.64 million Australians.
- Leroy was featured on dedicated Facebook channels for Central QLD, Wide Bay, Townsville, Cairns, Mackay, Toowoomba and the Sunshine Coast.
- In addition, The Fit Dad Lifestyle was featured in an Instagram post published by 7 News QLD, which reaches a further 123,000 followers.
- Finally, Ticker TV has a niche social audience of over 5,000 Australians, and Leroy’s live interview was featured on the related Facebook and Twitter channels.
In business terms, The Fit Dad Lifestyle demonstrated a measurable increase in new members, and saw a spike in the number of orders placed across Father’s Day weekend.
We look forward to continually promoting The Fit Dad Lifestyle’s mission amongst highly engaged mainstream media audiences!
WHAT THE CLIENT SAID
“We recently engaged Plant Powered Press to help us branch out and gain national media attention in the lead up to Father’s Day 2020. Jess and the team went above and beyond to ensure that we were well equipped every step of the way, and the results were second to none.
Highly recommend working with Jess and the Plant Powered Press team. It has been a highly professional experience and one that we look forward to continuing into the future.”
– Leroy Faure, Founder, The Fit Dad Lifestyle
Share this Post